The original family homestead, built by John's grandfather Adam Watson Jackson in 1912 and named for the town in England that the Jackson family came from, is an example of New Zealand Colonial architecture and retains many of its original features. The grounds are lovingly maintained and many fruit and nut trees which were planted by the first generation of the Jackson family still bear fruit.
The surrounding Estate was once over 600 acres and comprised most of Jacksons Road, now the sites for neighbouring vineyards such as Cloudy Bay, Allan Scott, and Stoneleigh. The towering gum tree in the background proudly graces the Runnymede Estate label.
The Jackson family came to New Zealand in 1842 on the Martha Ridgeway from Runnymede in England. In 1855 Adam Jackson bought the first blocks of land in in the heart of the Marlborough region, along what would become known as Jacksons Road.
The famous gum tree that graces the Runnymede Estate label was planted in 1867 by his wife Alice. Today the tree stands over 140 feet tall.
John Stichbury is the fifth generation of the Jackson family to farm this land. In 1987 John and Jo planted the first vines and the first wines were released in 1991. 2012 marks the launch of Runnymede Estate, our premium range of wines produced exclusively for the USA
Sign Up for our Newsletter and Save Don't miss out on our specials. Sign up for our exclusive email offers and save up to 75%! Enter your email address below.