Grapes are de-stemmed and pressed, then 90% of the juice is fermented in stainless steel and the remaining 10% in oak barrels. The wine does not undergo malolactic fermentation.
Perfect as an aperitif or with steamed or sautéed fish and shellfish, white meats and salads with creamy dressings.
Heritage and enterprise are hallmarks of Santa Rita, one of Chile’s premier wine estates. Founded in 1880 in Chile’s Maipo Valley, this historic property was among the first to pioneer plantings of European grape varieties in Chile. In 1980, it was acquired by its present owner, Gruppo Claro, under whom Santa Rita has reaped the rewards of continuous investment, resulting in a period of impressive growth, during which the winery has consolidated its position in the vanguard of Chile’s most successful and innovative estates.
Initiatives include the highly successful launch of Santa Rita’s 120 Series and Reserve wines and a range of ultra-premium wines, notably the highly acclaimed Casa Real, Triple C, the Floresta range and most recently, Pehuen. Wide-ranging enhancements include the purchase of choice new vineyards, plantings with top quality clones, improved trellising and irrigation, balanced viticulture, restricted yields, later harvesting, individual block farming, small-lot vinification, and an increased emphasis on sustainable agriculture.
The Santa Rita property accounts for outstanding vineyards in Chile’s most important appellations -- the Maipo Valley; Apalta; Casablanca; Rapel; Leyda and Curico -- enabling access to diverse climates and terrain. Visitors to Santa Rita can look forward to accommodation at the estate’s luxury hotel, the Casa Real, with its breathtaking 100-acre gardens, its magnificent museum housing a breathtaking collection of pre-Columbian artifacts, or enjoy dinner at the property’s landmark restaurant, the Dona Paula.
Sign Up for our Newsletter and Save Don't miss out on our specials. Sign up for our exclusive email offers and save up to 75%! Enter your email address below.